Graduation Day Resources: Harp
Graduation Recital: March 11th, 2023, 10:00am-12:00pm
Benson Great Hall, Bethel University
Arrival and Rehearsal
- Tune to 440 the night before please!
- Label your harp, bench, footstools, covers with your first name. Harp label can go on the D pedal for a pedal harp or on the metal plate on the column of a lever harp.
- Please unload your harp through the Front Load-in at Benson Great Hall. The Front Load-in is located in front of the hall depicted by the thick yellow line in the circle on the map below.
- When the Harp Graduates arrive at the Front Load-in to Benson Great Hall they should bring their instruments into the building and transport harps and chairs to the stage. Once you have transported your harp, please park your car for free in Lot 9 (West Parking Lot), located to the side of the building.
- Signs will be posted to guide students to rehearsal rooms for tuning. Level TW and 1 parents may accompany their students.
- Students will return to the lobby to meet parents before entering Benson Great Hall.
- At the conclusion of the Harp recital, students should remove all of the harps and chairs from the stage and bring them to the area by the Front Load-in, where parents can pick up the harps.
Parking at Bethel University
Bethel University Campus Map and Directions
- Students will enter the Hall, sit with their families, and be called on stage from the audience.
- Parents of non-soloists are not permitted backstage.
- After performing, students will wait to be dismissed before leaving the stage.
- Following the recital, students will go to the lobby to greet their teachers and collect their trophies.
- The ushers at Benson Great Hall will close the doors to the hall at the beginning of each recital and will allow entrance to the hall only through the door in the back of the hall and between pieces when there is applause. It is very important that the hall is totally quiet, especially during a solo performance.
- When the doors at the back of the hall are opened between pieces, people may enter and sit in the back only.
- Please stay seated once the program has begun. Out of respect for the performers onstage, there should be no movement in the hall during pieces.
- If people have entered the performance late they may visually find their family while sitting in the back, and, at the next applause break, go and join them.
- Please make sure all cell phones are off for the duration of the performance.
- Please plan to stay for the duration of the recital to ensure all performers have a supportive audience.