Every year SAM grants five scholarships. Two scholarships are need based student scholarships for summer institute study and three are teacher training scholarships to be applied year round for training opportunities.
$500 The Nancy Lokken Teacher Scholarship (1)
$400 SAM Teacher Scholarship (2)
$400 SAM Student Summer Institute Scholarship (2)
Click on bolded titles for link to application documents. Applications will be accepted if postmarked by April 15 of the current year. Notification of awards will be sent by May 15 of the current year to those receiving the scholarship as well as to those who will not receive aid. This scholarship process is separate from and does not substitute for the application process for acceptance into an institute or any other scholarship process.
Nancy Lokken/SAM Teacher Scholarship Application Materials
SAM Student Scholarship Application Materials
If you have any further questions, please email SAM Scholarship Coordinator Laurie Petruconis: email@example.com.
Past Scholarship Recipients
- 2020 Teachers: Courtney Bell
- 2019 Teachers: Courtney Bell, Ruth Einstein, Jennifer Lang and Mark Wamma.
- 2018 Students: Oliver Kunin-Jeske and Evelyn Downs
- 2017 Teachers: Vanamali Medina
- 2016 Students:
- 2015 Teachers: Carolyn Borgen and Nancy Esslinger
- 2014 Students: No Applicants
- 2013 Teachers: Beatriz Aguerrevere and Bethany Gonella
- 2012 Students: Derrick Johnson and Beatrice Grant
- 2011 Teacher: Katie Bast
- 2010 Students: Aaron Harrelson and Sofia Faacks
- 2009 Teachers: Christopher Beknell and Jonathan Reaoch
- 2008 Students: Sarah Grimes, Kyrie and Silas Sellnow, Julia Sennes
- 2007 Teacher: Hilarie Kirby